Semolina/Sooji/Rava 1 cup
Water 2 cup
Curry leaves 7-8
Oil 1 tbsp
Coriander a handful
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Chana dal or Bengal gram 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ginger 1 inch (finely chopped)
Green chilies 1-2 (finely chopped)
Carrot 1 medium (finely chopped)
Beans 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Onion 1 medium (finely chopped)
Salt 1 tsp
Red chili powder ½ tsp
How to make Rava Upma:
- First, roast sooji in a pan for 4-5 minutes on medium flame or until it turns a little bit fragrant. But keep one thing in mind that don't over roast it. It should not be brown. Otherwise the taste of the upma will change.
- Remove sooji from pan and transfer it into another bowl or plate.
- Now pour oil in the pan and let it be medium hot.
- Add Mustard seeds in oil.
- When Mustard seeds splutter add Chana dal and Urad dal.
- When Chana dal and Urad dal turns golden brown add Cumin seeds, Curry Leaves, Green Chillies, Ginger. Saute for 2 seconds just.
- Now add Onion, Carrot, Beans, Cashews. Saute them for half a minute.
- Add Salt, Red chili powder, water. Cover the pan for 2 minutes at least. So that veggies can cook a little bit.
- After 2 minutes add Sooji to it. Mix it using spatula well.
- when the mixture turns thick cover it with lid for a minute and turn off the stove after that.
- Now add Coriander and Lemon juice to it and mix well. Your Upma is ready.
Serve hot. Garnish with cashews and coriander. It will taste great.